Mortgage Credit Certificate Program
Through Home Success, the Phoenix IDA offers first-time homebuyers purchasing homes within the city of Phoenix the ability to claim a federal income tax credit of up to $2,000 per year with a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC). This means you may be eligible to claim a percentage of the mortgage interest you pay each year as a federal income tax credit.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are a first-time homebuyer
- Meet household income and home purchase price limits
- Meet minimum credit score requirements
- Have a federal income tax liability
- Are purchasing a home within the city of Phoenix
Layer the Home Success savings with the Home in Five Advantage Program!
You can apply for down payment assistance with the Home in Five Advantage Program, and potentially claim a federal income tax credit of up to $2,000 per year through Home Success while possibly claiming a deduction on the remaining mortgage interest.
For more information, see our: