There is a new $10,000 grant to help with financial relief for small and very small businesses. Companies located within the city of Phoenix can apply for a Small Business Relief Grant of up to $10,000 from the Phoenix IDA in coordination with the City of Phoenix.
“Small business owners are hurting, and we’re offering assistance to businesses to keep employees working and meet basic operating needs,” said Juan Salgado, CEO of the Phoenix IDA. “Small businesses are the backbone of the Phoenix economy, and that’s why we’re investing in our local market.”
The Phoenix Community and Economic Development team works with companies large and small to help navigate regulations, expand, and provide assistance for recruiting, hiring, training, and retaining workforce. CED helps businesses with employee outplacement when layoffs are necessary.
- Opened for business within the city of Phoenix before January 1, 2019
- Be located in a low-income census tract or on a street bounding a low-income census tract
- Gross total sales declined 25 percent or more between February and March 2019 and February and March 2020.
- No more than 25 employees on February 1, 2020
- Gross total sales during calendar 2019 were under $3 million